What are the nutritional facts about Coconut ladoo?
- It is a whole meal in itself.
- Coconut is a good source of minerals and vitamins.
- Coconut ladoo along with the milk keeps you going for the whole day during fasting.
How much time does it take to prepare coconut ladoo?
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
- In total – 30 minutes
What are the ingredients?
- Dry shredded coconut – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 2 to 3 pods
- Coconut milk or Cow milk – ¼ cup
- Coconut oil or Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Jaggery powder – 2 tablespoon
- If you are diabetic instead of jaggery add few drops of stevia drops.
What is the recipe?
- Heat the coconut milk or cow milk along with shredded coconut on low to medium heat.
- Boil it till it becomes thick in consistency and till the milk evaporates.
- Keep stirring it in between.
- Once it becomes thick in consistency add jaggery powder and cardamom powder to it.
- Keep stirring it for more five minutes.
- Now keep it aside and let it come down to the room temperature.
- If you are diabetic and adding stevia then add it now after it comes down to room temperature.
- Now take the mixture and press it in between the palms to give the shape of round balls.
How much to eat at once?
- Eating any kind of light food doesn’t allow you to eat it in abundance.
- There is a limit for every kind of food or meal that you eat even if it is with fewer calories.
- One coconut ladoo (not every day) at the time of hunger pang is sufficient.
- Don’t overindulge otherwise it will hamper your digestion.