What are the nutritional facts about Spinach (Palak) soup?
- Spinach is the rich source of magnesium, iron, and calcium.
- It is low in calories and this way it helps to lose weight also.
How much time does it take to prepare Spinach/Palak soup?
- Preparation time – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- In total – 20 minutes
What are the ingredients?
- Finely chopped spinach – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seed / Jeera – 1 tablespoon
- Besan / Chickpea flour – 2 tablespoon
- Milk – 1 cups
- Water – ½ cup
- Pepper powder – Pinch of it.
- Saindhav / Rock salt – as required.
What is the recipe?
- Heat the pan on low heat and dry roast besan/chickpea powder in the pan.
- Keep it aside once it gets golden brown.
- Then heat one tablespoon ghee in the pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds/jeera to it.
- Add finely chopped spinach to it.
- Saute it for a while and then add one cup of milk and half cup of water to it.
- Add some salt and pepper to it now.
- Now close the lid for two whistles.
- After opening the lid add dry roasted besan/chickpea flour to it.
- At last, if required then blend it with a blender.
How much to eat at once?
- Eating any kind of light food doesn’t allow you to eat it in abundance.
- There is a limit for every kind of food or meal that you eat even if it is with fewer calories.
- Eat till your hunger is satisfied.
- One medium-size bowl of palak soup (spinach soup) is sufficient to satisfy your hunger.
- Don’t overindulge otherwise it will hamper your digestion.