What are the nutritional facts about Vegetable Dalia?
- Dalia is a rich source of fiber and carbohydrates.
- It is easy to digest.
How much time does it take to prepare vegetable dalia?
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
- In total – 30 minutes
What are the ingredients?
- Dalia (broken wheat) – 1 cup
- Chopped carrot – ½ cup
- Chopped potatoes – ½ cup
- Peas – ½ cup
- Ghee / clarified butter – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – according to the taste
What is the recipe?
- Put one tablespoon of ghee in the pressure cooker and heat it a little.
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds to it.
- Then add chopped vegetables to it and saute it for a while.
- Then add washed dalia (broken wheat) to it.
- Let it mixed up completely.
- Then add four cups of water.
- Close the lid of the cooker and keep it on less flame for 10 minutes after one whistle.
- At last, garnish it with coriander and if needed you can add one teaspoon of ghee to it.
How much to eat at once?
- Eating any kind of light food doesn’t allow you to eat it in abundance.
- There is a limit for every kind of food or meal that you eat even if it is with fewer calories.
- Eat till your hunger is satisfied.
- One medium-size bowl of vegetable dalia is sufficient to satisfy your hunger.
- Don’t overindulge otherwise it will hamper your digestion.
You can buy organic broken wheat available on Amazon.