What are the nutritional facts of Makhana Raita (Lotus seeds curd)?
- Makhana (Lotus seed) are high in fiber and low in calories.
- It is a rich source of minerals, vitamins, and calcium.
- Yogurt is very good for the digestive system as it is a naturally good source of probiotics.
- Together these two makes a good meal to have during fasting.
How much time does it take to prepare Makhana raita (Lotus seed curd)?
- Preparation time – 3 minutes
What are the ingredients?
- Curd – 1 cup
- Makhana (Lotus seed) – ⅔ cup
- Roasted cumin/jeera powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
What is the recipe?
- Heat the pan and add makhana/lotus seeds to it.
- Roast it till it becomes crunchy.
- Cool them to room temperature and crush them.
- Whisk one cup of curd and add crushed makhana to it.
- Add cumin powder (jeera) and saindhav /rock salt to it.
- At last, add chopped coriander leaves.
How much to eat at once?
- Eating any kind of light food doesn’t allow you to eat it in abundance.
- There is a limit for every kind of food or meal that you eat even if it is with fewer calories.
- Eat till your hunger is satisfied.
- One small-size bowl of makhana raita (lotus seed curd) is sufficient.
- Don’t overindulge otherwise it will hamper your digestion.
Click the below-given link and buy your yummy makhana packs from Amazon :)