When the skin gets in touch with sun rays, it starts producing melanin. Melanin is a pigment that is responsible for the color of our skin, hair, and eyes. Due to the excess production of melanin, our skin color gets darker, leading to tanning. Depending upon the severity of the tanning, it may disappear in one week to a month.
Here are the 3 easy steps to remove tanning naturally at home:
1. Masoor-Sandalwood-Orange Face Scrub
Masoor dal (red split lentil) has natural bleaching agents. Orange is rich in Vitamin C, which is beneficial to remove tan quickly. The natural oils present in sandalwood reduces the tanning and gives a cooling effect on the skin. Therefore, scrub made of masoor, orange, and sandalwood is a perfect home remedy to get rid of suntan.
How to use it?
50 gm masoor dal
25 gm sandalwood powder
20 gm orange peel, dry
100 ml of water
- Soak these three ingredients in water overnight.
- Grind it in a blender next morning.
- Apply this mixture all over the tanned area and keep for 15 minutes.
- Splash some water all over where the pack is applied.
- Gently scrub and remove the pack.
- Repeat it every day (one week) for quick removal.
Fenugreek is a natural cleanser and exfoliator. It helps in lightening the upper layer of the skin. And using fenugreek with the curd removes tanning quickly. Consequently, the skin gets tan free, soft, and supple as well.
How to use it?
2 tablespoon fenugreek, powder
1 tablespoon curd, fresh
- Combine fenugreek powder and curd in a bowl and mix them well.
- Apply this pack all over your face and neck.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this three times a week.
You can change the quantity of the ingredients depending upon the area of affected part.