Seasonal change is a critical time for health. It impacts our immune system and creates an environment for infections. When the season changes, sore throat is the most common complaint among people with weak immunity. Sore throat is a painful and scratchy throat condition that occurs mostly during the seasonal change. With proper measures and remedies, you can cure throat irritation without any pill. Ayurveda has given us a simple escape to get rid of sore throat that you can easily practice at home. These ancient remedies are worth giving a try.
Here are the top three Ayurvedic remedies to soothe your throat:
Ginger is a hot potency herb that works best for sore throat. It is an anti-inflammatory and helps to heal a sore throat quickly. The bioactive compounds of ginger also support the immune system and fight infection.
How to use it?
- 1 slice ginger, fresh
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, grounded
- 100 ml of water
- Combine ginger, black pepper, and water in a saucepan.
- Boil for 5 minutes over a low flame.
- Strain and pour in a cup.
You can drink this ginger tea 2-3 times a day.
Avoid drinking it more than two times during hot weather.
Saltwater gargle is a quick way to get rid of the irritation and scratchy feeling in the throat. Gargling 4-5 times a day helps to reduce the swelling inside the throat area. It will also remove the irritants and release the accumulated mucus from the throat region.
How to use it?
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100 ml of water, warm
- Warm 100 ml water in a pan.
- Pour it in a glass and add salt to it.
- Mix it well and gargle in the backside of your throat.
- Spit it out once you are done with gargling.
- For quick relief, repeat this 3 to 4 times a day