Kapha is one of the three main energies/humor of the body. It has the dominance of Jal (Water) and Prithvi (Earth) mahabhuta. Balanced Kapha provides the structures and lubrication to the body. Kapha dosha can get imbalanced due to various reasons. Simple dietary and lifestyle changes can help to balance the Kapha.
How does Kapha dosha increases?
Here are the few reasons behind kapha dosha increase inside your body.
- Eating dairy items in excess
- Consuming cold potency food more
- Including more kidney beans (rajmah) and black gram lentils (urad)
- Eating food dominant with sweet, sour & salty tastes in excess.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Excessive sleeping
- Sleeping in the daytime
- It naturally increases in the early morning, spring season, childhood, and after eating food.
What are the symptoms of increased Kapha dosha?
- Feeling cold
- Sticky stools
- Loss of hunger
- Feeling heaviness in the body
- Feeling sleepy all the time
- Increase of saliva in the mouth
How to balance the Kapha dosha?
- Excess intake of food dominant with a pungent, bitter and astringent taste.
- Include hot potency food items
- Eat light and warm quality food items.
- Vamana (emesis)
- Swedana (Sudation)
- Rooksha Udwartana (dry herbal powder massage)
- Triphala tablets or churna (best for detoxification)
- Chitrakadi vati ( for proper digestion)
- Agnitundi vati ( to increase appetite)
- Panchakola churna (to improve digestion)
- Heavy exercises
Kapha pacifying food items